Friday, August 17, 2012

More Training...

Today was new teacher training.  I am starting to learn more and more about the school and what is expected.  It is really overwhelming.  One good thing is that week 1 of school is all taken care of, it is already mapped out.  The first week of school is all procedures, routines and I just implement it all.  I learned I can wear athletic type shoes, so that is exciting.  It will be wonderful to wear comfortable shoes all day.  I received a 2 inch binder with all the rules and regulations! I am trying not to be intimidated by it all but I am nervous.  The one thing I really appreciate about my new school is that its teaching philosophy is pretty close to mine; engage the students in what they are interested in, encourage conversations, interactive activities, develop critical thinking and project based learning projects.  It is only about 10 days till I meet my students!! 

No comments: