Friday, August 03, 2012

GT Week

I just spent an entire week at GT inservice for new teachers in my district.  I learned that my future GT students need more depth in the work not more homework.  Learned a ton of strategies, such as the "depth and complexity" icons and how to use them, how to use "I am a scholar" icons, RAFT, SCAMPER and so much more. So many ideas and the beauty is they can be used with all kids, just in varying degrees.  
We learned about some great websites, here a just a few:
As a new teacher, it is overwhelming. I have no know idea if I will even have any GT kids and if I do? I am not sure how to differentiate for regular ed students, let alone, step it up a notch for GT students.  However, I will find a way because I want them to have what they need educationally, just like all the other students.  At least now, I have ideas, websites and I have a network with my fellow teachers.  All in all a good week of teacher learning. 

Now I just need to finish my papers for my masters!! It is all due tomorrow!!

No comments: