Sunday, August 12, 2012

It is getting closer...

to really happening. I was able to see my classroom last week and the sign with my name on it was hanging from the ceiling! It is becoming real!! I met with my team and I think I am going to really enjoy working with everyone. I have a better idea of what Dual Language is and how it works.  I didn't realize it is considered a higher academic program. More is expected of the students and of course, the teachers as well.  I was thrilled to learn that my team is big on projects and activities and grouping! No worksheets (or very little)!!!  I also learned that it is expected that my classroom have similar set up as my teaching partner.  The students are placed in groups versus individual seats.  It sounds like there are a number of establish routines that myself and my students will need to follow.  Once I have a better idea on curriculum and classroom expectations, I want to start trying to weave Whole Brain Teaching strategies as well as Daily 5 and CAFE into my classroom.  I will know more next week.  I am so excited that it starting to come together!! Although, my steep learning curve does make kinda scary.  

No comments: