Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 weeks of teaching!

Here is what I know:
1. It is way more time consuming than I imagine. I have about 3 waking hours at home a day now. 
2.  Weekends are for grading and lesson planning.
3. I am always one step behind from what I should be doing.
4. I learn more details of the job each week. 
5.  I need to consider my students background knowledge. Ex: taught a fable, it had a campfire in it and the kids had no idea what a campfire was or how it worked.
6.  I need to use more technology in my lessons to reach my more tech based students.
7.  I need to remember to use my objectives. Students need to know why!
8. Anchor charts work. 
9.  My kids love building their Read to Self STAMINA!! They ask for it everyday!
10. I need more sleep, longer days and more time!

Other than that...all is well.


No comments: