Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total eclipse of the moon

 

About 7:45 pm (February 20, 2008) one of the son-in-laws came in to tell us about the lunar eclipse happening. Paul had told me earlier in the day but I didn't really pay attention as most of them are in the middle of the night so I never seen them. Well, here since it was so early within 20 minutes or so the entire family was on the front lawn watching the eclipse. All of us adults in lawn chair watching the moon, while the oldest grandson (16) runs around with all the little ones (2- 3 yr olds and 1- 4 yr old). It felt like the 4th of July. Everyone out on the lawn watching the sky!! I called Paul as we didn't know if it was a full or partial, it's a full!  So for about a hour we all sat outside and enjoyed nature at it's best.

Meanwhile, Paul really wanted to see it, can't due to the fact it is raining in Houston, but Caitlin went up to Houston to a free rally to see former President Clinton. If I had been in Houston that is where I would have been too. I really encourage the girls to go, how often do you get to see either a future, current or past president of the US. All in all, a really memorable evening.

 

My really fuzzy eclipse photos will be on flickr.

No comments: